Why Digital Advertising?
Wouldn’t it be nice if you could reach your audience wherever they are at this moment? Well, with digital advertising you can reach the right people, with the right message, at the right time. You no longer have to rely on people driving by your billboard, seeing your 30-second TV slot or seeing your ad tucked away in the pages of a local publication.
A Look at Digital Advertising Today
- U.S. digital advertising will rack up $83 billion in spend this year
- Last year, digital surpassed TV ad spending and continues to grow robustly
- By 2019, spend on digital is expected to be 35% greater than TV
- 40.5% of all U.S. media spending is now digital. At this rate, the 50% mark might not be too far in the future
- 34%growth is expected for social network ad spending, which in 2017 will, for the first time, make up more than a quarter of digital spending
A Look at Mobile Today
- Last year, mobile surpassed non-mobile (globally)
- marketing shift from ‘mobile-first’ to ‘mobile-only’ in order to keep pace with today’s on-the-go consumers
- Within the global mobile market, Google commands more than 35% of share; Facebook has almost 23% (Google & FB are kept out of China)
- 70.3%of digital ad spending in 2017 will be mobile
Digital Advertising in the US Market
- Google’s global share reflects its US presence
- Facebook has a larger, comparative, slice of the US market than the global market, especially when including Instagram
- Together, Google & FB command 2/3 of the US mobile market
- Number 3 (Yahoo) is a very distant 2.4% and declining
- Aside from Google & FB, only Snapchat & Amazon is expected to grow
Google and Facebook a Duopoly?
- Last year, the U.S. online ad market expanded by nearly $12 billion and the two firms accounted for over 77% of that spending growth
- 42.2%of all U.S. digital ad spending will go to Google. That’s a whopping $35 billion
- 33.1%of U.S. mobile ad spending will be paid to Google, tallying $18.9 billion
- 20.9%of all U.S. digital ad dollars will go to Facebook. That’s $17.4 billion
- 26.8 percent of mobile ad spending in the U.S. will run via Facebook. That’s $15.3 billion in mobile alone
Okay, so now you know how massive digital has become and will be in the coming years, now what? Well, if you have any upcoming campaigns or projects with a digital component give us a call! Our digital specialists will happily chat with you about our ideas on how we can work together!
To see what else we’ve been up to and are capable of doing, please take a look at our Capabilities Deck… hooray! (Click the BIG red button below to download the deck)
If you have any digital needs or know someone who does, please shoot me a call at 916.601.7527 or email us directly at email@example.com!